Friday, March 25, 2011

Sometimes you have to risk it all in order to gain everything you've ever dreamed of.

And I did lose it all...but boy did I gain so much more! I am so happy! Tons of things are happening and I'm stressed but blissful.

If you've been a follower, you might notice that many posts are deleted or edited. This was on purpose. My old life is gone.

It's been a long time, loves. I think I might be back. I say 'I think' because I'm going to be very busy in the next couple of months but I miss blogging and I need an outlet to process my thoughts and emotions.

My life, since getting back to Georgia in late July 2010, has done a complete 180. I'm not kidding. It truly has, in every sense of the word. Please do not judge my choices...I've had enough of that in the last couple of months to last many lifetimes! If you have questions, ASK ME FIRST, but do not assume you know something.

I cannot go into extreme details on here due to privacy and court issues, but here is what has happened in that amount of time:


-I separated from my husband. Divorce will be finalized anytime now. There are many reasons why. This should have happened years ago....I had been very unhappy for awhile. I gave the guy a good talk on here only because I was trying to be a good wife. I couldn't do it anymore, so I removed myself from unhappiness. He was not right for me and this was proven in many ways. I will say this...if you have not gone through a divorce, you do not understand. Sorry, but you don't. Period.

-I'm engaged! Yes, that is right! In the midst of all this mess, my soul mate walked into my life. Words cannot even begin to describe what this man means to me. It's a fairytale love story that will be saved for a post all on it's own. You will get goose bumps when you read it...trust me! I will post this in the next coming months. Let's just say that he is more than I've ever dreamed of and is my soul mate, partner, lover, the bestest friend I've ever had, confidant, my everything. He is my male counterpart and we're getting married next year.

-I worked full time at a wonderful salon/spa, but I'm now about to start to manage the family business. The folks made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So starting next week, I'm the assistant manager of a healthy frozen yogurt business that the fam started back in September. I'm very excited but nervous, too. I hope I will be a good asset and entrepreneur.

-I lost everything. When I say everything, I'm not kidding. I lost family. I lost and gained friends. I lost money. I lost furniture and other belongings. I lost my cats. I lost things I cannot name on here. But I gained wonderful things in my life, as well. Remember, the glass is always half full, not half empty.

-People have either been very supportive or not at all. But these are my life choices, not someone else's. You are responsible for your own happiness. I cannot make everyone happy. The people that I thought would stand by me no matter what, did not. The people that did, however, were a bit of a surprise.

-I got closer to God. He has been there with me through all of this and if it weren't for Him, I would not be able to do this and I would not have gotten through the past 9 months. I'm blessed!

-My emotions have been like a roller coaster, along with my life. I've felt everything from stress, guilt, loneliness, depression, sadness, fear, anxiety, worry, frustration, happiness, excitement, wonder, freedom, relief, love, etc. I've felt it all....and about ten times stronger than what a human normally feels with emotions.

-There is nothing left of my old life. I have a new man, no pets, a new car, a new apartment, new surroundings, new career, I live on the opposite side of the country now (I used to live in the Seattle area) and in my hometown in Georgia. New everything.


I'm sure I'm forgetting something. So much has happened. Here is to new beginnings!


God Bless,

B

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you're happy, Beth!! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOO happy for you! I am so glad that you have finally found the happiness that you deserve. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to new beginnings! First time visiting your blog & I loved the vulnerability you slapped out there w/o question = beauty. Good luck, lots of blessings & many happy returns.

    ReplyDelete